Full-Time Human Resource Specialist
As a critical member of the Contract Team, the Human Resources Specialist will be responsible for all recruiting and Human Resources generalist work. The HR Specialist works under the minimal supervision of the Contract Manager and may report to the President; latitude is given to facilitate independent initiative and judgment skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Process New Employees:
- Credential personnel as required by the contract
- Administer and process employee benefits packages
- Address Accounting Technician’s concerns with employees and/or vendors
Manage Current Employee Accounts:
- Follow up with employees regarding expiring licenses, certifications (CPR, etc.) and health requirements (TB, influenza, etc.) Report to Contract Manager in the event of non-compliance
- Review monthly health/license renewal postcards for accuracy prior to sending
- Perform social security verifications
- Answer any calls/emails regarding policies, procedures, benefits, etc.
- Facilitates Quality Control – conducts audits of existing and proposed job classifications to obtain information regarding job responsibilities, activities, content, FLSA exemption, and requirements in coordination with the Contract Manager
Process Terminated Employees:
- Refer any concerns regarding performance, employee grievances, contract violations, etc. to the Contract Manager immediately.
- Complete all fields of the Termination Checklist
- Ensure proper and accurate documentation of contract and personnel changes
- Notify benefits vendors of terminations
- Notify State New Hire Registration of terminations
- Mail COBRA and 401(k) notification (when appropriate)
- Explain out processing policies to employees, ensuring the return any government issued ID badges/keys to worksite
- Assist with answering, directing, and determining urgency of incoming calls as required.
- Take messages to include date of call, time of call, caller identity/company name, telephone number, and nature of call. Telephone number and caller name should be verified.
- Contact employees regarding benefit questions as they relate to deductions and payroll
- Contact employee with timesheet questions
- Prepares job descriptions in coordination with the Contract Manager. These descriptions include duties, training, and skills required by each position.
- Address employee relations issues. Interview, select, and examine corporate practices for possible EEO violations.
- Develop relationships and maintain contact with customers, professional organizations, and other sources of applicant referral.
- Screen candidate resumes according to specific needs stated in the contract and requested by the customer.
- Evaluate quality of the applicant pool by surveying customer and Contract Manager.
- Perform reference checks/employment verifications as well as license/certification prime source verifications on all new hire employees.
- May meet with Contract Manager and/or Customer to develop understanding of specific requirements of positions.
- Conduct wage surveys to determine how certain rates compare with others and to ensure that pay scale complies with changing laws and regulations.
- Prepare reports on recruitment activity as required by federal and state law.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Demonstrated human resources and recruitment experience, maintaining at least two years in managing challenging human resource/recruitment issues in a diverse and dynamic environment. Experience working in the medical field and/or with the Federal government is preferred.
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Work on concurrent tasks while effectively prioritizing and coordinating work assignments.
- Produce a high degree of accuracy in work.
- Exercise courtesy, tact, and diplomacy to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Maintain complete familiarity with the organization and its personnel policies in order to discuss wages, working conditions, and promotional opportunities with prospective employees.
- Remain knowledgeable about equal employment opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Respond to inquiries or complaints from customers or employees.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Human Resources: a mastery of basic of human resource management functions such as compensation, benefits, employee/labor relations and development.
- Maintain proficiency in the use of a personal computer including word processing, databases and spreadsheets (Microsoft Word, Excel and Access preferred)
- Act independently upon information and make decisions that achieve optimal results.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in a career with Valforce, Inc. Applicants may fax or email their resume to:
Human Resources Department
Resumes may also be submitted using the “Apply Online” option located at the bottom of each job description.
1,850 total views, 1 today