Full-Time Pediatrician – Naval Health Clinic Corpus Christi
Family Practice/Primary Care/Pediatric Clinic
Naval Health Clinic Corpus Christi, TX
The Health Care Provider (HCP) will provide services at the Family Practice/Primary Care/Pediatric Clinics at Naval Health Clinic Corpus Christi, TX. The Family Practice and Primary Care Clinics provide services to approximately 8700 TRICARE Prime enrollees.
- Shall have a Medical Degree, MD or OD, from an accredited School of Medicine.
- Shall have completed a formal, accredited, and valid residency in Pediatrics.
- Shall have and maintain a valid and active state medical license to practice medicine.
- Shall possess board certification in Pediatrics approved by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) or American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS).
- Shall possess 3 years of experience in pediatrics.
- Possess an active Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
- Possess an active Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) from the American Heart Association
Hours of Operation
Medical Home operates from 0730 to 1630 Monday through Friday.
On-Call Services (off-site)
- In addition to regular clinic hours, the Pediatrician shall provide on-call services approximately one week out of six weeks. During on-call services, the Pediatrician will only be required to provide telephone consultation and will not be required to return to the hospital. The HCP shall provide contact information to the Department prior to providing on-call services.
- The HCP shall serve as Primary Care Manager (PCM) for a panel of patients enrolled to an HMO-style benefit. The Commanding Officer will enroll to the HCP approximately 1200 to 1300 TRICARE Prime enrollees. The HCPs is expected to provide up to 36 bookable hours of patient care per week.
- In addition to enrolled patients, the HCP shall treat non-enrolled patients on a space available basis, as assigned.
- During on-call beeper watches, the HCP shall provide telephone consultation and make appropriate patient referrals, including other sources of emergency care.
- The HCP will not be responsible for obstetrical care of their enrollees. Primary Care of pregnant enrollees will be the responsibility of the obstetrician during pregnancy.
- The HCP will not have inpatient responsibilities.
- Technically direct and teach other medical staff, including, but not limited to, hospital corpsmen, technicians, medical students in accordance with educational agreements in force, and provide educational lectures and participate in the provision of in-service training to clinic staff members. Such direction and interaction will adhere to government and professional clinical standards and accepted clinical protocol.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in a career with Valforce, Inc. Applicants may fax or email their resume to:
Human Resources Department
Resumes may also be submitted using the “Apply Online” option located at the bottom of each job description.
389 total views, 1 today